Saturday, February 8, 2014

Oakland Broken Meter Database

Having moved out of Oakland some time ago, I've neglected this blog.  I realized today that it averages about 100 readers a month and I need to do better at maintaining and responding to your comments!  Especially after all the money I invested in that city, I thought this comment deserved some recognition.

If you know of a perpetually broken parking meter, post the address, GPS coordinates, or landmarks and maybe someone will find this information useful in their case against their ticket.  

My least favorite, most ticketed, broken meter of all the time (even when I go back to visit) is the solitary parking meter next to Nama Sushi across from Peet's Coffee in the Diamond District on Fruitvale Ave.

Where is your constantly full/broken/non-functional parking meter in the bay area? Post it below and then come back next time you get a meter ticket and see if others can corroborate your story.  Then print out the proof and contest your ticket!

(P.S. If you are an 'app developer' I'll be happy to work with you to develop an app that would combat this using FB check-ins!  I'm confident I could find some great lawyers to invest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment